MANGOES! The “love fruit” and the “king of all fruits”.. and yeah also the “national fruit of India.”
Mangoes are said to be the king of all fruits and so it is. It’s a seasonal fruit (summer). Mangoes are native to South Asia, from where the “common mango” or “Indian mango”, Mangifera indica, has been distributed worldwide to become one of the most widely cultivated fruits in the tropics. The majority of the world’s mangoes are grown in Malaysia, Burma and India.
Health benefits of Mangoes; best fruit to eat every day
- Fights cancer.
- Keeps cholesterol in check.
- Skin cleanser.
- Alkalizes the body.
- Weight loss.
- Regulates diabetes. (For people suffering from diabetes, just boil 5-6 mango leaves in a vessel, soak it through night and drink the filtered decoction in the morning. This is helps in regulating your insulin levels)
- Eye care. (Mangoes help in promoting good eye sight, fights dry eyes and also prevent night blindness)
- Heat stroke (When the sun is bogging you down this summer, just chop of a mango in a juicer; add a little water and a tbsp of sugar free or honey. This juice will instantly cool you down and prevent heat stroke).
- Strengthens your immune.
- Aids concentration and memory
Studying for exams? This fruit is rich in glutamine acid– an important protein for concentration and memory. Feed mangoes to children who find it difficult to concentrate on studies.
- Perfect Snack
Instead of snacking on unhealthy chips and cookies, why not feast on slices of mangoes instead. They are perhaps one of the tastiest dehydrated fruits of all.
- Stomach Tonic
Before going to bed put some 10 or 15 mango leaves in warm water and close it with lid. The next day morning filter the water and drink it in empty stomach. Do this regularly.
- Mangoes contain Beta-carotene, Vitamin E, Potassium and Selenium. All these are effective in making your heart healthy; especially the beta-carotene, which is useful for the cardiac patients.
Mango is one of the yummiest fruits around, perfect for those scorching summers!! Waiting desperately for these yummy and juicy mangoes to flood the markets in coming months!,
Apple – best fruit to eat every day?
If you really have to choose “just one” fruit then the modern recommendation is “Apple”. Everyone knows “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. However, our kid’s French pediatrician used to say- “two apples a day keep a doctor away”.
Apples are rich in antioxidants, dietary fibers, and also in Vitamin B-6 and vitamin C and minerals. This fruit is easily available all around the world and is considered as one of the healthiest fruit to have. This is what today’s medical science says.
Now if we look at the ancient Indian literature of Ayurveda, there are two recommendations. First, it is not advisable to have only one fruit. You should try to have rainbow color fruits – a combination of fruits in your daily diet.
The colorful fruits provide you with all the essential nutrients required like all the fibers, minerals, all required vitamins, antioxidants proteins etc.
That said, which fruits are especially recommended in Ayurveda?
There are two specific mentions, which we can also call superfruits.
- The first is Amla or Indian gooseberry. Amla is highly nutritious, is useful in a variety of ailments, and is a virtual goldmine of vitamins – It is the richest natural source of Vitamin C. Here is what Amla or Indian Gooseberry looks like.
2. The second is pomegranate. Pomegranate is rich in dietary fibers, potassium, Vitamin B-6, and C. Pomegranates helps with digestion and cures constipation.